Valley Metro – Official Contest Rules and Regulations
Please read these Official Rules and Regulations (the “Rules”) carefully before entering any contest conducted by Valley Metro, Regional Public Transportation Authority authorized under A.R.S. § 48-5101 et seq. (“Valley Metro”). By submitting an entry, you (the “entrant” or “participant”) agree to be bound by these Rules and acknowledge that you meet all of the Contest’s eligibility requirements.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. THE CONTEST IS OPEN ONLY TO RESIDENTS THAT LIVE OR WORK IN MARICOPA COUNTY, ARIZONA.
- To be eligible to participate in a drawing, you must (1) be a resident of or employed in Maricopa County, Arizona, (2) be eighteen (18) years of age or older, and (3) have submitted an entry during the applicable entry period for that contest drawing. Employees of Valley Metro, its affiliates, representatives, advertising and promotion agencies and their employees and family/household members are not eligible to participate or win prizes. All applicable laws apply.
- Failure to comply with these Rules, tampering with the legitimate operation of the Contest, or otherwise engaging in any conduct that Valley Metro determines, in its sole discretion, is harmful to Valley Metro, will result in immediate disqualification, and, where applicable, the selection of an alternative winner.
- How to Enter:
- Limit one (1) entry per person for the duration of the Contest, regardless of method of entry. Entries received from any person in excess of the stated limitation will be void. All entries become the property of Valley Metro and will not be acknowledged or returned.
- Neither Valley Metro nor its subsidiaries, affiliates, or agents are responsible for any (i) incorrect or inaccurate transcriptions of entry information, (ii) telephone, electronic, Internet, software, hardware, equipment or other computer or communications related malfunctions or errors, (iii) late, lost, delayed, illegible or misdirected entries or data transmissions or (iv) any damage to a participant’s system or equipment resulting from participation in the Contest or by downloading any information from the Valley Metro website.
- Valley Metro, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to modify these Rules or to cancel or suspend the Contest or any portion of the Contest at any time for any reason. Valley Metro may disqualify any individual who damages or tampers with the Valley Metro website or any aspect of the Contest.
- All Prizes are nontransferable and nonrefundable, and substitutions or cash exchanges are not permitted, except that Valley Metro reserves the right to substitute (in its sole discretion) a prize of equal or greater value for any Prize. All Prizes must be used by the date or dates indicated on the Prize or it will be forfeited. Transportation, meals, gratuities, hotel incidentals and any other expenses not specified are the winner’s responsibility. Use of Prizes is subject to availability, blackout dates and other applicable restrictions.
- All Prizes are awarded “as is” without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. All federal, state and local taxes associated with the receipt of any Prizes are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- Neither Valley Metro, nor any of its affiliates, directors, officers, employees, representatives, or agents shall be liable for any costs or direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or special damages arising out of or in connection with the Contest, or for any claims, damages, or injuries associated with acceptance or use of the Prize and/or any trip-related activities.
- All winners accept any and all risks associated with the acceptance of any Prize. If a winner elects not to accept such risks, then the winner may refuse the Prize.
- Use of Winner’s Name and Likeness:
- Except where otherwise prohibited, entry into the Contest and acceptance of a Prize constitutes permission for Valley Metro, as well as its respective promotional agents, to use the winner’s name, likeness and Prize information for advertising or promotional purposes related to this Contest; as a condition to being awarded any Prize, all winners will be required to execute a consent to use their name, likeness and Prize information for such purposes without further permission or compensation.
- To obtain a name of a winner, you may send a letter request along with a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Valley Metro, 101 N. 1st Avenue, Suite 1300, ATTN: Communications Department, Phoenix, Arizona 85003.
- Other Provisions:
- The Contest is governed by the laws of the state of Arizona and the United States. Any action brought by any participant or any party to enforce, or otherwise related to, these Rules shall be brought in the state and federal courts located in Maricopa County, Arizona. By participating in the Contest you expressly acknowledge and consent to the jurisdiction of such courts. In the event any provision of these Rules is found to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the validity, legality and enforceability of any of the remaining provisions shall not in any way be affected or impaired. Valley Metro retains all copyright and other intellectual property rights in the Contest and accompanying materials.
- If you have any questions about these Rules or the Contest or wish to obtain a copy of the Rules, please contact Valley Metro at the above address.