Travel training is:
- One-on-one instruction on how to ride buses and light rail
- A great way to gain more freedom, flexibility and independence
- And it ‘s free and saves you money!
How Can Travel Training Help Me?
- Travel training helps you use local transit including bus and light rail service.
- Travel training saves you money. Buses and light rail are affordable and you are eligible for a reduced fare.
- You have more flexibility and independence. Bus and light rail service give you the ability to travel without having to plan in advance.
Travel Training provides Benefits
- Travel training is free:
The one-on-one instruction is a free service provided by Valley Metro.
Travel training does not affect your ADA certification.
- Travel training is easy:
Learning to use transit is simple for riders of all ages.
How Travel Training Works
A qualified travel trainer works one-on-one with you while you learn how to ride buses and light rail. The travel trainer rides with you teaching you the skills you need to navigate a route. You will learn to plan a trip, recognize stops, use your fare and get to the destinations you want. Once we plan a route, the travel trainer rides with you until you are a confident, safe, successful and independent traveler.
- Dana Simmons
- Brenda Kreitinger
Valley Metro Mobility Center
4600 E. Washington St.
Phoenix, AZ 85034
- I’m so grateful for having this training. I probably wouldn’t have used the bus. Thank you so much.
Diana, new transit rider
- The best part of using public transportation and the training is proof of my independence.
Jon, new transit rider