- Planning Your Trip
- Paying Your Fare
- Getting On Board
- Need Help?
October is Rideshare Month
Congratulations to Rideshare Month participants! Commuting heroes used alternative transportation modes to fight pollution and congestion, and also won some great prizes for their efforts.
• 482 pledged to carpool, vanpool, ride the bus or light rail, telework, bike or walk during Rideshare Month; 30% were new to ShareTheRide. Winners of the $50 Darden Restaurants gift cards were Zak N. and Susan G.
• 300 participated in the Commuter Challenge, logging 8,564 trips and saving 114,686 miles
• Great prizes were awarded in our ShareTheRide monthly and new user contests. View all winners here.
• 217 tons of pollution were saved, equivalent to equivalent to approximately 42 passenger vehicles driven for one year, or energy used by 21 homes for an entire year
• Commuter Challenge participants who continue to track alternative mode trips through December are eligible to win two hours of free bowling for up to eight people at Lucky Strike. The winner will be posted on ShareTheRide.com in January.