- Planning Your Trip
- Paying Your Fare
- Getting On Board
- Need Help?
Valley Metro would like to wish all riders a happy holiday season and to remind them of upcoming changes to bus and light rail schedules.
New Year’s Eve, Tuesday, December 31
• Light rail will operate a weekday schedule with extended hours until 2 a.m. to accommodate event crowds
• Buses will operate a regular weekday schedule
• Buses in Tempe will offer enhanced service to accommodate event crowds (click here for more information)
• Customer Service will be open from 6 a.m. - 8 p.m.
New Year’s Day, Wednesday, January 1
• Buses and light rail will operate a Sunday schedule
• Customer Service will be closed.
For route, schedule and trip planning information, visit valleymetro.org, or contact Customer Service at 602.253.5000 during designated hours.
About Valley Metro: Valley Metro provides eco-friendly public transit options to residents of greater Phoenix and Maricopa County including the planning and operations of a regional bus system and the development and operations of light rail. In calendar year 2012, total ridership for the system was 72.5 million passengers—an increase of 3.8 percent over 2011. The first 20 miles of light rail opened December 2008. Six light rail extensions are planned or under construction that will create a 57-mile system by 2032. Valley Metro also offers transit options including commuter vanpools, online carpool matching, bus trip mapping, bicycle safety and telework assistance. Two Boards of Directors set the policy direction for the agency with the intent of advancing the regional public transit system. Get the latest news by following us on Facebook and Twitter or visiting valleymetro.org.