- Planning Your Trip
- Paying Your Fare
- Getting On Board
- Need Help?
Valley Metro is proposing changes to the fare structure that guides the price of transit service for: Local, LINK, Express and RAPID service, Rural Route 685, METRO light rail service and Phoenix, East Valley and Sun City ADA Dial-a-Ride.
Fares pay for about 25% of the cost to operate service. The remaining 75% is paid by local sales tax revenues, state and federal funds.
Currently, passengers are paying about 23% of the cost to ride bus and light. This amount continues to decrease as the cost of operations continues to rise.
We would like your input on a 25 cent increase to the 1-Ride fare. This 25 cent change increases the price of all fare types because they are based on the 1-Ride fare. Please review the chart and provide your input by attending one of the public hearings, emailing or clicking on the Electronic Comment Card link below.
- A fare increase would impact the cost to ride the bus and light rail as early as July 2012.
- The current one-ride fare of $1.75 would increase to $2.00 and the All-day pass purchased in advance would cost riders $4.00 instead of the current cost of $3.50.
- The 31-day Local pass would increase from $55.00 to $64.00 and the Express 31-day pass price would change from $85.00 to $96.00.
- In addition, Phoenix, East Valley and Sun City ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) Dial-a-Ride services, the Arizona State University U-Pass and the Platinum Pass will also be impacted by the fare change.
- The Rural Route fare structure will be simplified to one-flat fare of $4.00 ($2.00 discounted) per one-way trip. The simplified fare enables implementation of passes and work towards integration with regional system. Rural Route 685 provides service between Ajo, Gila Bend and Phoenix.
- Valley Metro plans to introduce a new 15-day pass and eliminate the 3-day.
Valley Metro RPTA staff and city staff are presenting 2012 transit fare change information on the following dates listed in the column to the right.
|Fare Type||Current Fare||Proposed July 1, 2012 Fare|
* The average fare per trip.