Stop Taking Chances - Valley Metro cares about you and your safety.
Please remember the rules below when around buses and trains.
- Stay off trackways.
- Never run after or next to a moving bus or train.
- Cross only at crosswalks and obey the signals.
- Light rail is quiet. Look for flashing headlights and listen for warning bells and horns.
- Stay alert and limit distractions caused by mobile phones and audio devices.
- Never assume the operator sees you.
- Do not cross in front of the train for any reason.
- Skateboarding, rollerblading or biking in the tracks or on light rail platforms is not permitted.
- Always stand behind the textured warning strip on the platform. Adults should hold the hands of small children at all times.
- Do not run for a train or bus. Another one will come along in minutes.
- Slow down. Most slips, trips and falls occur when someone is in a rush.
- Keep the volume low when listening to music so you can hear surrounding sounds and activities.
- Avoid any liquids or debris that may be on the train or platform. Use the handrails at all times when entering and exiting.
- Allow other passengers to exit the train before boarding and do not lean against the doors once inside.
- See something? Say something. Report all suspicious packages, activities, and/or persons by calling 9-1-1 or pushing the emergency call button inside the train or at the platform.
Download the “Dying to Get There” Safety Flyer.