East Valley RideChoice
Coupons for Cabs (480) 962-7433
The Coupons for Cabs Program provides affordable cab service for senior citizens age 65 and over and persons with disabilities who live in Chandler, Gilbert, Mesa and Tempe.
Eligible persons can purchase coupons at a significant discount. The participants can use the coupons to help pay for cab trips they take on any of the authorized cab companies.
- An application must be completed and approved before cab coupons may be purchased. Call (480) 962-7433 to receive an application if you don’t already have one.
- Once enrolled, a participant pays a nominal co-pay for a coupon book valued at $10. Coupons have an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. The expiration date is three to six months from the date of coupon purchase.
- Chandler, Gilbert and Tempe residents can purchase 10 books per month per person ($100 value for $25).
- Coupons may be used for the taxi fare and the tip as well.
- Mesa residents can purchase 10 books per month per person ($100 value for $30).
- For wheelchair users, mini vans from Discount Cabs are wheelchair accessible. Participants who use wheelchairs should call Discount Cab and let them know a wheelchair accessible van is needed to ensure the same rate is charged as non-accessible taxi vehicles. Otherwise, a boarding charge of approximately $2.50 will be charged. Specialty cabs charge a boarding charge of $25.00 or more.
- When you begin using the Cab Coupon Program, make sure when you call to arrange your ride you:
—Inform the cab company you are using the coupons.
—Ask for an estimate of the trip cost.
Once enrolled in the Cab Coupon Program, you will receive welcome packet that includes the list of authorized taxi companies.