August 26–September 6: Use Fall Transportation Coordinator (TC) Kit
- Use the Rideshare Month poster and contests flyer to freshen bulletin boards and place in high-traffic areas.
- Plan to promote Rideshare Month and get employees and driving-age students involved. Visit
- Plan a kick-off event.
- Invite supportive coworkers to help plan.
- Gain management support.
- Determine the budget for internal events and/or contest prizes.
- Select a location and time that allows most to attend.
- Prepare promotional materials and email communications to encourage participation.
- Contact your Commute Solutions coordinator for assistance.
- Register and attend the August 28 webinar.
- Encourage commuters to visit ShareTheRide.com to take the pledge between August 28 and September 30.
September 2–9: Learn More About Rideshare Month
- Encourage employees and driving-age students to:
- Register at ShareTheRide and participate in the Commuter Challenge and monthly contests
- Create a Commuter Challenge team by the September 20 deadline.
- Look for details in the weekly Commute Solutions Update e-newsletter and visit here to learn more.
September 10–20: Final Planning and Employee Reminders
- Promote Rideshare Month activities in company newsletters and other communications.
- Remind employees and driving-age students to create their Commuter Challenge team by September 20.
- Remind employees and driving-age students to join a Commuter Challenge team by September 30.
September 24–30: Promote and Hold Kick-off Event
- Hold kick-off event to plan activities and incentives (lunch and learns, themed parties, etc.).
- Ask commuters to carpool, vanpool, ride the bus or light rail, telework, bike or walk during Rideshare Month.
- Ask employees and driving-age students to use the cost calculator at ShareTheRide.com to estimate savings when they use alternative transportation modes.
October 1–31: Rideshare Month
- Remind commuters to carpool, vanpool, ride the bus or light rail, telework, bike or walk during Rideshare Month.
- Encourage employees and driving-age students to track their commutes each day and enter ShareTheRide contests.
- Remind commuters of the key benefits of using alternative modes of transportation: reduced traffic congestion and pollution; saving money and winning prizes.
- Visit the ShareTheRide.com Commuter Challenge page to monitor progress.
November 1–7: Post Promotion Follow-up
- Thank participants and select internal contest winners.
- View and share results of the Rideshare Month pledge, monthly contests, and Commuter Challenge found at ShareTheRide.com.