What is Travel Training?
Valley Metro does its best to make getting around on local bus routes and light rail a smooth process. But we take it a step further by providing free training for passengers with disabilities who need help navigating routes.
How Does It Work?
Qualified trainers work one-on-one with passengers and go over everything from planning trips to recognizing stops to understanding our fares.
How Can Travel Training Help?
- One-on-one training is free and does not affect your ADA certification.
- Training is simple for riders of all ages.
- Training helps you navigate local bus and light rail routes and saves you time and money.
How have our passengers liked using this service so far?
- “I’m so grateful for having this training. I probably wouldn’t have used the bus. Thank you so much."
--Diana, new transit rider
- The best part of using public transportation and the training is proof of my independence.”
--Jon, new transit rider
Valley Metro Travel Training
- Valley Metro Mobility Center
4600 E. Washington St.
Phoenix, AZ 85034