April 2018 Approved Transit Service Changes
Schedule and Route Changes to Provide Better Service for our Riders
Valley Metro sought public comment from October 16 - November 17, 2017 on proposed service adjustments scheduled to take effect on April 23, 2018.
Summary of Service Changes
- Route 1 – Washington: In Phoenix, the route will travel on Washington St. between 40th St. and 44th St., eliminating stop to PHX Sky Train station.
- Route 3 – Van Buren: In Phoenix, more trips will be added between 35th Ave. and 32nd St. between 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Route 10 – Roosevelt: Schedule adjustments for better connection at Roosevelt and 32nd St.
- Route 19 – 19th Avenue: In Phoenix, more trips will be added between Van Buren St and Union Hills Dr. between 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Route 29 – Thomas: Schedule adjustments.
- Route 30 – University: In Phoenix, weekday service to South Mountain Community College will operate from 7a.m. to 4 p.m. On weekends, Route 30 will no longer serve SMCC and will end at the24th St/Baseline Park-and-Ride. All Saturday and Sunday service will end at 24th St/Baseline Park-and-Ride .
- Route 32 – 32nd Street: In Phoenix, extend route from 44th St. and Washington St. to Baseline Rd & Priest Dr. in Tempe traveling on 44th St, University Dr., 40th St., and Baseline Rd.
- Route 51 – 51st Avenue: In Phoenix, extend 30-minute service on 51st Ave. from Lower Buckeye Rd. to Baseline Rd and 60-minute service from Baseline Rd. to Pecos Rd/Vee Quiva Casino.
- Route 251 – 51st Avenue/Baseline: Route 251 will be replaced by the extension of Route 51 from Baseline Rd to Pecos Rd. Route 77 - Baseline will continue to connect 51st Ave. to the 27th/Baseline Park-and-Ride.
- Route 59 – 59th Avenue: In Glendale, bus will no longer travel on 57th Ave and West at Utopia Rd.
- Route 70 – 24th Street/Glendale Avenue: In Glendale, travel will no longer service 95th Ave. and Maryland Ave. during peak time.
- Route 77 – Baseline: In Phoenix, increase service during mid day to South Mountain Community College from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Route 106 – Peoria Avenue: Extend 10:45 a.m. westbound trip to 99th Ave.
- Route 184 – Power: In Mesa and Gilbert, trips from Superstition Springs Transit Center to ASU Polytechnic Campus will change to 30 min. frequency all day.
- Route 514 – Scottsdale Express: In Fountain Hills, route modification to serve new accessible bus stop and Fountain Hills Park-and-Ride. In Scottsdale, route will now serve Mustang Transit Center at 90th St. and Shea Blvd and will no longer travel on Via Linda from Shea Blvd.
- Route 575 – Northwest Valley Express: Outbound trip will travel via Interstate 17, exit west on Union Hills Drive and resume regular route to the Glendale Foothills Recreation and Aquatics Center.
- South Mountain East RAPID: The South Mountain East RAPID will be rerouted off of Central Avenue and connect the East Baseline Park-and-Ride to downtown Phoenix via 24th St and Washington/Jefferson. Pick-ups at the East Baseline Park-and-Ride will be on 24th St. Please note, the word central has been dropped from the name.
- Scottsdale Downtown Trolley: Reroute to provide service to 5th Ave. shopping area and no longer travel across Marshall Way Bridge.
Modify routes: 1, 10, 29, 30, 32, 51, 59, 70, 77, 81, 514, 575, Central South Mountain East RAPID, and Scottsdale Downtown Trolley
Extend routes: 32, 44, 51
Modify trips: 106, 184
Frequency adjustments: 3, 19, and Scottsdale Camelback Trolley