April 2019 Transit Service Changes Overview
Public input was requested from Oct. 29 – Nov. 30, 2018 on the following service changes. Most take effect on April 22, 2018, while some start after the opening of Gilbert Road Extension in May.
Effective February 25:
- Route 514 – Scottsdale Express: The new Fountain Hills Park-and-Ride will be the first outbound and last inbound stop for Route 514. The new Fountain Hills Park-and-Ride is located at La Montana Dr. and El Lago Blvd.
Effective April 22:
- Route 62—Hardy Dr: Modified route at Tempe Marketplace to serve Smith Rd and University Dr area.
- Route 106—Peoria Ave: Extended second to last weekday eastbound trip to 99th Ave.
- Tempe FLASH: Modified route to serve new activity centers near ASU campus. To be instituted after ASU Spring 2019 semester in May.
- Peoria On The Go (POGO) Circulator: New circulator service in north Peoria running weekdays every 30 minutes. For more information on the POGO, please visit peoria.az.gov.
- South Mountain East (SME) RAPID: Current freight train detour is now permanent. No longer serving 24th St and Washington/Jefferson.
- ZOOM North and ZOOM South: Added Sunday service to match current Saturday service level.
- Route 685—Ajo/Gila Bend: Added one morning trip and eliminated one afternoon trip.
- I-10 East RAPID: Trips added or shifted to better serve riders. Note updated departure times.
- I-10 West RAPID: One afternoon trip canceled and other trips added or shifted to better serve riders. Note updated departure times.
- I-17 RAPID: One morning Metrocenter departure and one afternoon trip canceled. Other trips added or shifted to better serve riders. Note updated departure times.
- SR-51 RAPID: Trips added or shifted to better serve riders. Note updated departure times.
- Valley Metro Rail: In Phoenix, new station added at 50th St/Washington in April 2019.
- Some trip times changed on the following routes: 3, 13, 17, 19, 27, 28, 50, 51, 52, 60, 65, 66, 67, 90, 96, 106, 136, 138, SMW
Effective after the opening of Gilbert Road Extension:
- Route 45—Broadway Rd: Modified route to serve new light rail end of line at Gilbert Rd/Main St, instead of Sycamore/Main St. To be instituted when Gilbert Road Extension begins operation in May 2019.
- Valley Metro Rail: In Mesa, stations added at Stapley/Main St and Gilbert Rd/Main St in May 2019.