As a Phoenix artist, I find enjoyment in capturing the surreal landscape and movement of my human environment, encapsulating something vibrant and more than meets the eye. My goal is to bring community and art together with each brush stroke while exploring the many exciting elements of the desert city! - Ashley Macias, Valley Bike Month artist
Since Valley Metro was formed in the 1980s, we have celebrated bicycling for fun and transportation each spring. April is still Valley Bike Month, and although things will look a bit different this year, we are still celebrating pedal power! We invite you to participate in our Valley Bike Month activities. First, take the pledge to ride your bike during the month of April. Whether it’s a ride to work, a lunchtime break from your home office or a canal ride on the weekend, grab your bike and take a spin! Take the online pledge at ShareTheRide.com and it will automatically enter you to win great prizes and bragging rights.
Ready for a challenge? Participate in the Team challenge and log your bike miles to compete with others virtually. Whether you are a team of one or many, here’s your chance to win! Register at ShareTheRide.com. And, as always, we have stocked our ShareTheRide.com saddlebags with lots of great prizes if you log your bike trips in April. Don’t worry, there are prizes available for all the “green” modes, not just bikes.
Valley Metro encourages you to bicycle to work, for fitness or just for fun. It’s a great workout and efficient means of transportation that doesn’t pollute or cause congestion. And it offers built-in physical distancing – win-win-win!
Take the pledge, participate in the Challenge, or log your trips. There are lots of ways to participate in Valley Bike Month. We’re on a roll - join us!
- March 1-31: ShareTheRide.com Valley Bike Month pledge
- Saturday, March 27: Sundial to Sundial Century
- April 1-30: ShareTheRide.com Valley Bike Month Challenge
- April 1-30: Valley Bike Month contests in ShareTheRide.com
- April 1-30: Scottsdale Cycle the Arts self-guided tour
- Saturdays and Sundays: Phoenix Metro Bike Club group rides (free, open to the public)
- Saturday, April 3: TBAG's 5th Annual Bunny Hop Ride
- Friday, April 9: Phoenix Spokes People – FilmBar Bike In Movie -- Tickets
- April 10-17: Glendale Family Bike Ride virtual edition
- April 10-18: Chandler Family Bike Ride
- April 17-24: Bike to Work Week contests in ShareTheRide.com