Tue., May. 21, 2019
5 p.m. - 6:15 p.m.
Public input is open from April 29–May 31, 2019 on the following service changes which could take effect on October 28, 2019.
Valley Metro and city of Phoenix service changes occur to develop an effective regional transit system that supports Valley communities, businesses and residents. Public input is requested on the following proposed service changes scheduled to take effect on October 28, 2019. All city of Phoenix-operated service requires approval by the Phoenix City Council. All Valley Metro-operated service requires approval by the Valley Metro Board of Directors.
- Route 40— Apache/Main St – Modify short trips to serve new light rail end of line at Gilbert Rd/Main St Transit Center instead of Mesa Dr/Main St Station.
- Route 77—Baseline Rd – In Mesa, improve Saturday frequency to 30 minutes and add Sunday service to match Saturday. Add one additional westbound weeknight trip.
- Route 104— Alma School Rd – In Mesa, extend weekday span. Improve Saturday frequency and span. Add Sunday service to match Saturday. In Chandler, add weekday and Saturday service.
- Avondale ZOOM – Combine ZOOM North and ZOOM South routes into one bidirectional route. Modify route along Rancho Santa Fe Blvd and Litchfield Rd.
- Route 81—Hayden Rd/ McClintock Dr – Adjust route to serve additional activity areas, particularly at McDonald Dr and Pima Rd.
- Scottsdale—68th St/Camelback Rd (68CM) – Adjust route to serve Montebello Ave.
- Scottsdale—Mustang (MSTG) – Adjust route to directly serve Via Linda Senior Center.
- Grand Ave Limited – Change end of line in Peoria to serve new Peoria Park-and-Ride. Detour beginning Summer 2019.
- Route 136—Gilbert Rd – In Mesa, extend weekday span. Improve Saturday frequency and span. Add Sunday service to match Saturday.
- Route 685—Ajo/GilaBend – Add one morning short trip and eliminate one late afternoon short trip.