Thank you for your interest in serving on one of three Grant Review Panels for the South Central Light Rail Extension.
Applications must be received by December 12, 2022.
Three Grant Review Panels will be formed to evaluate applications for grant funding to provide temporary art projects in the South Central/Downtown Hub Light Rail Extension project area. The purpose of these grants is to enable local organizations to enrich the community through arts and culturally-based projects and activities.
Grant Panelists will review the grant applications and, in accordance with the grant funding program requirements, select those which best serve communities affected during light rail construction in the downtown and South Phoenix areas along Central Avenue.
The Grant Review Panelists are expected to attend two meetings and to read and evaluate all grant applications:
- Attend an orientation meeting to understand the application and review process and receive instruction on how to access the grant applications and on the review and scoring process.
- Review and assign number grades to all grant applications for their section.
- Participate in an evaluation meeting to discuss applicants’ merits and, with fellow panelists, make a recommendation to Valley Metro to award grants.
- Demonstrate a connection to the location for which they are applying.
- Be a proponent for arts and culture in the area.
- Be willing to recuse yourself from voting on any organization’s application to which you have a direct or monetary connection.