Valley Metro Mobile App
Frequently Asked Questions
- What mobile operation systems (OS) are supported?
- Can a user create an account?
- Am I required to create an account to use the app?
- What do I do if I get a new device?
- What do I do if I forget my password?
- How do I change the email address on my account?
- What languages are supported?
- How do I save my favorite stops?
- How can I filter the types of trip results I get?
- How can I see when my bus or train is arriving?
- Are timetables updated with real-time information?
- Why do I see ‘Car’ offered in my trip results?
- Where's my bus?
- Where can I find information on service disruptions?
- How do I contact Customer Service for support?
- I am concerned about providing my location to the app. Is this required to use the app?
- Can I purchase transit fare directly from within the app?
What mobile operating systems (OS) are supported?
- Currently supported OS versions are:
- Android 6.0 and up
- iOS 10.0 or later
Can a user create an account?
- An account can be created by submitting an email and password, where the email is used as the account username.
- A one-time code will be sent to your email address to confirm you are the owner of the email account.
- After logging in, a permanent session is created which enables the app to be used daily without the need to log in each time the app is used.
Am I required to create an account to use the app?
- No, creating an account is not required to use the app.
- Please note that some features may not be available without an account.
- To skip the account creation step, click the X at the top right corner of the app’s login screen.
What do I do if I get a new device?
- If you purchase a new device, you can transfer your account by logging in on the new device. Your account will be transferred.
What do I do if I forget my password?
- If you forget your password, select "Forgot password?" on the login screen. A one-time code will be sent to your email address, which allows you to set a new password.
How do I change the email address on my account?
- At this time, it is not possible to change the email address on your account. This functionality will be added later.
What languages are supported?
- English and Spanish are supported.
Spanish is selected automatically when the device language is set to Spanish.
How do I save my favorite stops?
- Favorite stops can be saved by tapping on the heart icon whenever you are searching for, or view, stop information.
- The list of favorite stops can be viewed in the Plan tab under Stops.
- Home and Work locations can be saved and managed from the search screen.
- Tapping Home or Work adds it into the trip search saving the need to type an address.
How can I filter the types of trip results I get?
- You can select the transit modes you want to see in the trip results screen by pressing the filter icon.
- Here you can enable or disable the different transit modes which will then be used to calculate suitable trips for you.
- Available transit modes include: Valley Metro Rail, Bus, and Streetcar (coming in late 2021).
- You can change the time of the trip by clicking on Depart At – to select from Depart At or Arrive By and where you can also set the date and time you desire.
How can I see when my bus or train is arriving?
- Bus and train timetables can be found by selecting a stop.
- In the Plan tab, select a stop and either enter the stop name or the stop ID.
- Selecting the stop opens the stop timetable showing departures from this stop.
- Timetables are updated in real-time showing if a vehicle is on time, early or late.
- If the trip is not running then the bus is shown as canceled.
Are timetables updated with real-time information?
- The app adjusts all timetables, vehicle positions and journeys based on real-time vehicle locations.
- Stop departures show if a vehicle is On Time, Early, Late or Canceled.
- Information is updated every five (5) seconds.
Why do I see ‘Car’ offered in my trip results?
- The multi-modal journey planner can present trips, which include park-and-rides.
- The trip shows the driving route to the park-and-ride, followed by the connection to the public transit network.
- This feature can be disabled by disabling car mode as a transit mode option in the journey filters.
Where's my bus?
- A vehicle can be located either by looking on the map where it is displayed as a tappable icon, or by tapping on a departure in the stop details.
- The vehicle is centered on the map and the trip timetable is shown.
- The trip timetable gives the latest estimate for when the vehicle will arrive at each stop.
- In this view, the vehicle is tracked as it moves and the timetable is updated.
Where can I find information on service disruptions?
- The Alerts tab will show the service alerts inbox where they are separated into high priority and lower priority.
- Critical issues are sent as device push notifications so you can be alerted even when the app is closed.
How do I contact Customer Service for support?
- Questions can be submitted by selecting "email us feedback" or by calling Valley Metro’s Customer Service number listed in the Help & Support section under the More tab. You may also email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I am concerned about providing my location to the app. Is this required to use the app?
- By giving your location, the travel tools can find places, nearby stops and pre-fill your trip origin when trip planning.
- Your location permission is not mandatory to use the app but will mean you have to center the map yourself to your location and will need to type in both origin and destination when trip planning.
Can I purchase transit fare directly from within the app?
- Not currently, but transit fare is expected to be added to the app in the future. Watch this space for updates!