Find yourself behind the wheel? Keep that head on a swivel as Valley Metro vehicles may be close by day or night. Some common collisions between light rail trains and others on the road include red light running, pedestrians walking in front of a moving vehicle or crossing illegally and in front of the light rail.
To help minimize future accidents and keep the general public safe Valley Metro has incorporated new improvements to our design and planning of the Rail system.
- Protected left and right-turn lanes
- Longer left-turn lanes
- Light rail vehicle cameras
- Controlled track crossings
- Countdown pedestrian signals
- Specially designed pedestrian access signals
- Pedestrian fencing
- Neighborhood protection from park-and-ride traffic
- New frontage roads
- Safer light rail vehicle front end