Valley Metro and City of Phoenix service changes occur to develop an effective regional transit system that supports Valley communities, businesses and residents. These service changes have been approved by the Valley Metro Board of Directors (for Valley Metro-operated service) and the Phoenix City Council (for City of Phoenix-operated service.) These changes are scheduled to take effect on April 26, 2021.
- Route 32—32nd St/40th St: Modify route to eliminate stops east of 40th St. and Baseline Rd. Baseline Rd. still served by Route 77—Baseline Rd.
- Route 40—Main St: Modify route to eliminate stops west of the Sycamore Transit Center.
- Route 50—Camelback Rd: Extend route service to serve Scottsdale Community College. Route travels on Camelback Rd., Granite Reef Rd. and Chaparral Rd.
- Scottsdale—68th St/Camelback Rd (68CM): Modify route to eliminate service east of Scottsdale Rd. Service along Granite Reef Rd. to Chaparral Rd. will be served by Route 50—Camelback Rd.
- Route 72—Scottsdale Rd/Rural Rd: Remove route deviation into Tempe Transportation Center. Route will stay on Rural Rd.
- Route 108—Elliot Rd/48th St: Reduce route frequency to 60 minutes on Saturdays and Sundays to match Tempe service.
- Route 520—North Tempe Express: Eliminate route due to low ridership. For alternative Express service in Tempe, use Route 521 or Route 522.
- Route 521—Central Tempe Express: Modify route to remove neighborhood pickup service. Route begins at the Tempe Public Library and travels via US 60 to improve service.
- Route 522—South Tempe Express: Modify route to remove neighborhood pickup service. Route begins and ends at Tempe Sports Complex to streamline service.
- Avondale ZOOM: Extend route to serve new community center at Dysart Rd. and Riley Dr.