Valley Metro and City of Phoenix service changes occur to develop an effective regional transit system that supports Valley communities, businesses and residents. These service changes have been approved by the Valley Metro Board of Directors (for Valley Metro-operated service) and the Phoenix City Council (for City of Phoenix-operated service.)
These changes are scheduled to take effect on April 24, 2023.
Public input is open from Oct. 31-Dec. 2, 2022. Comments may be submitted via:
- Valley Metro public hearing voicemail: (602) 322-4479
- Completion of the online survey
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail: Valley Metro ATTN: Community Relations, 101 N. 1st Ave. Ste. 1400, Phoenix AZ 85003
A public hearing was held on November 16, 2022 to provide information on the changes and hear feedback. Click here for the video.
Proposed April 2023 Service Changes
- Route 36—In Phoenix, route would operate from Metrocenter Transit Center to Dove Valley Rd. via 35th Ave., Norterra Pkwy and North Valley Pkwy. Route 35 service north of Metrocenter Transit Center will be replaced by Route 36.
- Route 28—Lower Buckeye: Extend route from 75th Ave. to 99th Ave.
- Route 61—Southern Ave: Extend route to 51st Ave.
- Avondale ZOOM—Extend route to Avondale Park-and-Ride.
- Route 35—35th Ave: Service would operate between Metrocenter Transit Center and 27th Ave. and Baseline Rd. Riders can transfer to Route 36 for service north of Metrocenter Transit Center.
- Route 96—Dobson Rd: Eliminate service south of Pecos Rd.
- Route 571—Surprise Express: Modify route to travel on I-10/Loop 101 for all trips.
- Route 573—West Glendale Express: Eliminate north section of route overlapping with Route 575. Begin and end route at Glendale Park-and-Ride.