Valley Metro and City of Phoenix service changes occur to develop an effective regional transit system that supports Valley communities, businesses and residents. These service changes have been approved by the Valley Metro Board of Directors (for Valley Metro-operated service) and the Phoenix City Council (for City of Phoenix-operated service.)
These changes are scheduled to take effect on October 25, 2021.
Effective October 2021 Service Changes
Regional Bus Service Changes
- Route 0A—South Central Shuttle, Route 7—7th St, Route 8—7th Ave: Modify Route 0A—South Central Shuttle frequency to every 15 minutes north of Baseline Rd. and every 30 minutes south of Baseline Rd., Monday-Friday, 6 a.m.-9p.m. Remove Route 7—7th St deviation to Ed Pastor Transit Center, service will continue along 7th St. Improve weekday frequency south of Van Buren St. to every 10-15 minutes between 6 a.m. - 9:30 p.m. Remove Route 8—7th Ave service to Ed Pastor Transit Center; extend route to connect at Central Ave. and Baseline Rd. For a map of service in this area effective October 25, 2021, please click here.
- Route 45—Broadway Rd: In Mesa, expand Saturday service to 30 minute frequency and implement Sunday service to match Saturday.
- Route 52—Roeser Rd: Remove service to Ed Pastor Transit Center; service will continue along Roeser Rd.
- Route 62—Hardy Dr, Route 65—Mill Ave/Kyrene Rd, Route 66—Mill Ave/Kyrene Rd, Tempe Orbit Saturn: Modify Route 62—Hardy Dr in conjunction with elimination of Route 65—Mill Ave/Kyrene Rd, enhancement of Route 66—Mill Ave/Kyrene Rd, and realignment of Orbit Saturn. For a map of service in this area effective October 25, 2021, please click here.
- Route 120—Mesa Dr: In Mesa, increase weekday span to 5 a.m. to 10 p.m. Increase Saturday service span to 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. and frequency to 30 minutes. Add Sunday service to match Saturday.
- Route 156—Chandler Blvd: In Gilbert, modify route to Mercy Gilbert Medical Center due to ongoing construction. Route will run clockwise from Val Vista Dr. along Pecos Rd. to Mercy Rd.
- Route 514—Fountain Hills/Scottsdale Express, Route 515—Fountain Hills—Mesa Connector: Modify route to start and end at Mustang Transit Center. Service to Fountain Hills will be replaced by Fountain Hills—Mesa Connector. Add new Express route service connecting Fountain Hills park-and-ride with the Gilbert Rd/McDowell Rd park-and-ride.
- Peoria POGO Destinations: New pilot service with three new pilot routes to run 10 a.m. - 10 p.m., Friday-Sunday, serving activity centers and other points of pride in Peoria.
- Tempe Orbit Mercury: Reduce route frequency from 10 minutes to 15 minutes during weekday daytime hours.
City of Tempe Hours of Service Reduction
In Tempe, hours of service will reduce to end at 11 p.m. on weekdays and Saturdays on the following routes:
Route 45—Broadway Rd
Route 48—48th St
Route 56—Priest Dr
Route 61—Southern Ave
Route 62—Hardy Dr
Route 66—Mill Ave/Kyrene Rd
Route 72—Scottsdale Rd/Rural Rd
Route 77—Baseline Rd
Route 81—Hayden Rd/McClintock Dr
Route 108—Elliot Rd/48th St
RAPID and Express Service Changes:
Additional trips are being added to RAPID and Express service on October 25, 2021. Please check the schedule on the Valley Metro Trip Planner and your pickup and drop-off locations in downtown Phoenix at Valley Metro Pardon Our Progress.