Valley Metro and City of Phoenix service changes occur to develop an effective regional transit system that supports Valley communities, businesses and residents. These service changes have been approved by the Valley Metro Board of Directors (for Valley Metro-operated service) and the Phoenix City Council (for City of Phoenix-operated service.)
These changes are scheduled to take effect on October 24, 2022.
Effective October 2022 Service Changes
Fiesta Buzz - Serving the Fiesta District, Asian District, and Mesa Riverview.
- Route 30—University Dr: In Mesa, improve Saturday frequency; add Sunday service and frequency to match Tempe.
- Route 156—Chandler Blvd: In Chandler and Phoenix, increase peak frequency to 15 minutes to McQueen Rd.
- Tempe—Orbit Saturn: Add one early morning weekday trip to extend service span.
- Route 43—43rd Ave: Extend route to Lower Buckeye Rd.
- Route 77—Baseline Rd: In Mesa, extend route to West Mesa Park-and-Ride.
- Route 106—Peoria Ave: Extend Sunday service to 99th Ave.
- Avondale ZOOM: Eliminate northeast section of route. Reroute south of I-10 from Avondale Civic Center to Goodyear Park-and-Ride. Reduce fare from $.50 to free.
- WeRIDE microtransit is coming soon to north Avondale! This on-demand, shared-ride service will be available Monday-Friday. Learn more now at avondaleaz.gov/transit.
- Route 531—Mesa/Gilbert Express: Eliminate one morning and one afternoon trip.
- Route 533—Mesa Express: Eliminate two morning and two afternoon trips.
- Route 535—Northeast Mesa Express: Eliminate one morning and one afternoon trip.
- Route 541—Chandler/Mesa Express: Eliminate route.
Some trip times changed on the following routes: 30, 40, 43, 45, 72, 77, 106, 112, 156, 531, 533, 535, Avondale ZOOM, Mesa Fiesta BUZZ and Tempe-Orbit Saturn.