Talk about riding in style! Valley Metro is excited for riders to begin traveling on our new motorcoach fleet that are made for long distance travel. Passengers can expect a smooth ride with the enhanced air ride suspension system. These sleek, modern-designed buses include several enhanced features for our commuters.
The new Express buses have two stairwells ascending to elevated seating with mobility-device bays located in a low-entry vestibule. USB chargers, personal overhead lights, air vents and a signal stop button are just some of the features on the new Express bus fleet. Flip through the slideshow below for a sneak peek inside the bus before it hits the road. Valley Metro will be receiving a total of 30 new buses replacing existing vehicles that are being retired.
Join us on our Facebook page on Monday, Feb. 1 at 6:50 a.m. and Feb. 8 at 6:11 a.m., to experience a virtual ride on our new Express buses.
List of features included on our new Express buses:
- High-back, forward-facing reclining seats with arm rests
- Convenient handles on the backs of seats for safety and mobility
- Automated ramp with low-entry boarding for mobility devices
- Automated mobility device securement system
- Seatbelts and footrests
- USB chargers
- Overhead personal lights, air vents and stop signal button
- Luggage/parcel racks with built-in handrails
- Operator door/health barrier for safety