Every April, Valley Metro celebrates Valley Bike Month. Take advantage of the beautiful spring weather and win great prizes too. Whether riding to work, safely socializing with friends or getting some exercise, make sure to log your bike miles traveled. Visit ShareTheRide.com and pledge to ride today.
You can also enter individual or team challenges and pop-up contests throughout the month. Prizes include gift cards to local stores and restaurants, and this year’s grand prize is a Men’s Infinity Boss 3 Bike, courtesy of Costco Wholesale.
Despite the onset of COVID-19 right before Valley Bike Month 2020, last year’s winning team was still able to log more than 4,000 total miles during the month of April. Not only did they save nearly 200 gallons of fuel by biking instead of driving, they also prevented the emission of 3,900 pounds of greenhouse gases.
In addition to signing up for a challenge, there are other ways to participate in Valley Bike Month. Valley Metro’s partner cities and other local cycling groups are holding several events throughout the month:
- Saturdays and Sundays: Phoenix Metro Bike Club group rides (free, open to the public)
- Saturday, April 3: TBAG's 5th Annual Bunny Hop Ride
- Friday, April 9: Phoenix Spokes People – FilmBar Bike In Movie -- Tickets
- April 10-17: Glendale Family Bike Ride virtual edition
- April 10-18: Chandler Family Bike Ride
- April 17-24: Bike to Work Week contests in ShareTheRide.com