Who turned on the heat? Summer has arrived in the Valley and it’s important to keep yourself cool while waiting for transit. Here are some tips to stay cool during the dog days of summer.
- Bring your own shade: umbrella or hat. Shade creates a barrier between you and the sun, keeping your body out of the direct heat.
- Stay hydrated. Water and other electrolyte-boosted beverages are great options. Remember, spill-proof containers are required while riding on any transit vehicle.
- Bring water in an insulated container. Insulated containers help keep drinks colder longer, especially outside in the heat.
- Use a cooling towel. Applying cool items to the back of your neck can help bring down your core body temperature.
- Use hydration stations and cooling centers. Maricopa Association of Government has a map of locations throughout Maricopa County to find relief: hrn.azmag.gov/#/map
- Use the Valley Metro app to time your arrival at your stop or station. Learn more and download the app now at valleymetro.org/app.