What you need to know
Masks no longer required
The TSA has lifted their federal mask mandate. Masks are optional and no longer required for riders or employees of the Valley Metro system. The CDC continues to encourage masks on public transportation.
Upcoming service adjustments
Rider reminder, late night service is still suspended until further notice. Old Town Trolley in Scottsdale is suspended due to COVID-19.
Please check our Rider Alert page for any additional current adjustments to service.
Stay safe while you ride
Valley Metro’s top priority is the safety of our riders and operators. We continue to follow guidelines provided by our local and federal government, as well as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Valley Metro encourages all riders to continue to practice social distancing of 6 feet, when possible, while waiting and onboard public transit.
- Wash your hands or use hands sanitizer before traveling and again when you reach your destination.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid contact with high-touch areas when possible.
- Wash or sanitize your hands after contact with high-touch areas.
For additional recommendations from the CDC for traveling safely on transit, visit cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/daily-life-coping/using-transportation.html.
Arizona Department of Health Services website has additional information and resources on COVID-19.
Phoenix City Council has reinstated early morning bus service beginning Monday, Oct. 26, 2020. Morning service on weekdays begins at 4 a.m. and 5 a.m. on the weekends. Late night service is still suspended until further notice. See the Phoenix City Council action approved on October 21, 2020, visit phoenix.gov/newsroom/public-transit/1585.
Old Town Trolley (OLDT) is still suspended until further notice.
Beginning Saturday, April 11, 2020, light rail will be on an adjusted schedule Monday-Saturday. The first full trip on light rail begins around 4:45 a.m. with the last trip starting at 11 p.m. Adjustments include 15-minute frequency 5 a.m.-6 p.m. with no late night service on Friday and Saturday. Sunday service will remain the same.
We are still providing trip planning assistance at (602) 253-5000, however, we may be experiencing a high volume of calls. Alternate ways to contact us:
- Email us at email@example.com
- Login to the Customer Assistance System to offer kudos, make a suggestion or file a complaint. If this is your first time using the Customer Assistance System, use this Registration Page to create a new account.