Valley Metro is encouraging riders to use bus and light rail during this busy holiday season. On Thanksgiving, Nov. 28, Valley Metro will operate on a Sunday schedule. The day after Thanksgiving, local bus, light rail and the rural route will operate on a regular weekday schedule. There will be no RAPID or Express commuter bus service on Friday, Nov. 29.
Customer service will be closed on Thanksgiving and open from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 29.
Holiday travelers can use light rail for easy access to Sky Harbor Airport. Riders need to exit at 44th St/Washington station for connection to the Sky Train.
Here are some events Thanksgiving weekend that people can get to by using light rail.
Fri., Nov. 29
- City Skate Tree Lighting at 6 p.m., exit Jefferson/1st Ave or Washington/Central Ave
- Fantasy of Lights Parade at 6 p.m., exit at Mill Ave/3rd St
- Merry Main St. from 5-10 p.m., exit at Mesa Dr/Main St
Sat., Nov. 30
- Phoenix Flea Fall 2019 at Heritage Square from 10 a.m.-5 p.m., exit at 3rd St/ Jefferson or 3rd St/Washington
- Duel in the Desert, ASU vs Arizona football at 8 p.m., exit at Veterans Way/College Ave
- Merry Main St. from noon-10 p.m., exit at Mesa Dr/Main St
For more information on hours of service, please visit valleymetro.org/hours-service.