The Valley Metro Regional Public Transportation Authority (RPTA) and Valley Metro Rail Boards of Directors have elected officers for the Fiscal Year 2020 term, July 1, 2019 to June 30, 2020. The Boards help guide the agencies by providing transportation leadership to best serve the region and its communities. The Audit and Finance Subcommittee was formed after passage of Proposition 400 to provide policy oversight of the expanded financial activities.
Valley Metro RPTA Board Officers
- Chair – Chandler Mayor Kevin Hartke
- Vice Chair – Phoenix Mayor Kate Gallego
- Treasurer – Peoria Councilmember Jon Edwards
Valley Metro Rail Board Officers
- Chair – Tempe Councilmember Robin Arredondo-Savage
- Vice Chair – Mesa Councilmember Francisco Heredia
Audit and Finance Subcommittee members
- Glendale Councilmember Lauren Tolmachoff
- Goodyear Vice Mayor Bill Stipp
- Mesa Councilmember Francisco Heredia
- Phoenix Mayor Kate Gallego
- Tempe Councilmember Robin Arredondo-Savage
Valley Metro RPTA provides coordinated, multi-modal transit options to residents of greater Phoenix. With a core mission of connecting communities and enhancing lives, Valley Metro plans, develops and operates regional bus service and alternative transportation programs for commuters, seniors and people with disabilities. The Board is comprised of elected officials from 17 cities or towns and Maricopa County.
Valley Metro Rail plans, constructs, operates and maintains light rail and high-capacity systems in the greater Phoenix area. The Board is comprised of elected officials from four member cities who provide policy direction for rail service.