Catching a bus or train is all about timing. If you’re running a bit behind it’s still best to stay safe, slow down and practice these tips:
- Cross streets at crosswalks and obey the signals.
- Look both ways before crossing the tracks by car, bike or on foot.
- Tracks are for Trains! Cross tracks only in designated areas.
- Never run after or next to a moving bus or train.
- Do not cross in front of the bus or train.
Once you’re on the platform and ready to ride it’s still important to practice safety. Here’s what you can do:
- Give the bus some space at the bus stop and wait away from the curb and traffic.
- At the station platform, stand away from the textured strip that is along the edge.
- Allow other passengers to exit the train before boarding and do not lean against the doors once inside.
- Watch your step when boarding. Hold on to the handrail when entering and exiting the bus.
- The doors on the train are open for a very short time. Be prepared to board and exit quickly.
- If you drop something when exiting, leave it on the ground until the bus drives away.
Phoenix is hot, we all know that, but you still have to get to where you need to go. When you’re traveling with us during the hotter months make sure to wear a hat or bring an umbrella to shield you from the sun. Plan your trip accordingly and prepare for things to heat up while you wait for your next bus or train. And always bring plenty of water, water and more water.
Even though we monitor some of our park-and-ride locations with cameras and patrolling security, there are still ways you can be proactive in keeping your vehicle and property safe. By locking your car, keeping valuables out of your vehicle and parking in well-lit areas you can help in the effort to minimize crime at our park-and-ride locations.