What is RideChoice?
RideChoice is for ADA paratransit certified people with disabilities and seniors age 65 and above who reside in participating communities.
Valley Metro RideChoice now has easier access to a larger network of rideshare transportation providers including Uber, taxicabs and other wheelchair-accessible vehicles. You will also get more trips to travel to where you want to go.
- Once you are eligible, call (602) 716-2111 for all your RideChoice needs. The RideChoice Call Center and service are available 24 hours per day, every day of the year, including holidays.
- Request your ride when you want to travel, there’s no requirement to book ahead.
- Take up to 20 trips per month! If you need more trips for work, school or medical appointments, call Valley Metro at (602) 716-2111 so we can evaluate and act on your request.
- RideChoice costs $3 for each trip up to eight miles, with any additional miles costing $2 per mile.
- Go straight there. You do not have to share your ride.
- If you need wheelchair-accessible service, just ask. There is no additional charge.
- In keeping with the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and Arizona state law, service animals are welcome, at no additional charge.
Eligibility rules vary by community. See the criteria that applies to the city where you live:
- ADA Paratransit certified eligible people with disabilities and seniors Age 65 and above residing in:
- Chandler, Fountain Hills, Surprise, Tempe
- ADA paratransit certified eligible people with disabilities
- Avondale, Gilbert, Goodyear, Mesa, Scottsdale, Tolleson, Unincorporated Maricopa County (including Sun City and Sun City West)
Becoming Eligible for Valley Metro RideChoice
Contact the Valley Metro Mobility Center at (602) 716-2100, select the RideChoice option or by TTY at (602) 251-2039 to request an application. Learn more about ADA eligibility here.
Using the Service
To schedule trips using RideChoice, call (602) 716-2111 any time, day or night.
- Be ready to provide your pick-up and drop-off addresses, the date and time you wish to travel, and the transportation provider you wish to use for the trip. Providers include rideshare companies, several local taxicab companies and other companies who provide wheelchair-accessible service.
- When you book your trip, the RideChoice Customer Service representative will advise you of the length of your trip and the amount that you will be charged. Fares may be paid with and credit or debit card. You may also pay for RideChoice by having our provider deduct the fare from your checking account.
- Be ready to board when the vehicle arrives. Your RideChoice driver is not required to wait more than five minutes for you to board, so be ready.
- RideChoice is a commercial product, comparable to taxi or rideshare service. Drivers may provide basic assistance to and from the vehicle and may assist with the carrying of small packages and/or with the stowing of manual wheelchairs and walkers. Drivers are not expected to provide the type of assistance typically provided by a personal care attendant and drivers will not enter any building or private residence. You may bring a companion with you at no extra charge.
For more information or to apply for RideChoice eligibility, contact the Valley Metro Mobility Center at (602) 716-2100.
To comment about RideChoice service, contact Valley Metro Customer Service:
PHONE: (602) 253-5000 or TTY: (602) 251-2039