Valley Metro Accessibility Advisory Group
The Valley Metro Accessibility Advisory Group (VMAAG) is our way of offering insight, feedback and understanding by advising Valley Metro staff about products and services.
Who Can Join VMAAG?
VMAAG does its best to reflect the geographic, gender, ethnic and disability diversity of the Metro Phoenix area. This 15-member group consists of Maricopa County residents who meet any of the following criteria:
- A senior, age 65 or older
- A person with a disability
- A caregiver for a senior or person with disability
- An employee of or volunteer for an organization which serves seniors or people with disabilities
When Are Meetings Held?
Meetings are open to the public and held approximately every month.
How Do I Become a Member?
In general, Valley Metro will begin each year’s recruitment process on or about April 1. Valley Metro may recruit to fill open membership positions in the event of a vacancy or vacancies and VMAAG vacancies are posted on this page.
How Long Do Memberships Last?
VMAAG member terms last for two years and members may be reappointed for up to two additional terms, totaling six years of service. To stagger terms, up to seven members will be selected to serve an initial term of three years.
Valley Metro likes to uphold certain expectations of its VMAAG members.
- VMAAG members must attend at least 75% of scheduled meetings, either in person or by telephone or will be subject to termination. Valley Metro staff will work with VMAAG members to develop a schedule for the year.
- Stay up-to-date and familiar with Valley Metro and specific issues brought up for input.
- Speak up and be heard! We want all VMAAG members to provide input to staff to help ensure Valley Metro’s policies, products, programs and services are accessible to and usable by seniors and people with disabilities.
Members and Current Team Expiration Dates
June 30, 2018
June 30, 2019