- We ask that you make only essential trips at this time. Passenger limits are in effect.
- When you need to ride the bus, have valid fare ready before boarding and be prepared to show the operator.
- Rear door entry on the bus is required at this time.
- Fare availability at retailers is subject to change. Contact location to verify before traveling there.
Notice regarding transit centers and offices:
Buses are still providing service at transit centers.
Effective Wednesday, April 1, Tempe Transit Store at Tempe Transportation Center will be closed indefinitely due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Fares may be purchased at fare vending machines located on light rail platforms, at participating retailers or online.
Beginning Monday, June 22, 2020, customer service windows at the following transit centers will be open for face covering distribution only (as supplies allow):
- Ed Pastor (Central Ave/Broadway Rd)
- Central Station (Central Ave/Van Buren St)
- Metrocenter (Metrocenter Mall)
- Sunnyslope (3rd St/Dunlap Ave)
Fares may be purchased at fare vending machines located on light rail platforms, at participating retailers or online. For an appointment to reclaim lost and found items or call (602) 534-5053, weekdays 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. Visit the Phoenix newsroom for additional information.
On Monday, March 23, 2020, the Mobility Center at 4600 E. Washington in Phoenix will be closed to the public as our commitment to the safety and well-being of our community. Click on the following links to find out more about purchasing Reduced fare or the ADA Platinum Pass.The Mobility Center is also not conducting in-person ADA assessments at this time.
At this time, Valley Metro's administrative office at 101 N. 1st Avenue in Phoenix is closed to the public.